Terms & Conditions of Sale
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER. IT IS ADVISABLE TO PRINT AND RETAIN A COPY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ALONG WITH YOUR ORDER FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. Eastern Treasures may change these Terms & Conditions of Sale without prior notice.
1. Terms of the Contract These Terms & Conditions of Sale apply to all goods supplied by Eastern Treasures; they do not affect your statutory rights. Any order placed by you for goods advertised on our website is considered an offer by you to purchase the goods in your order. No contract exists between you and us until we have received and accepted your order. Each time you place an order, you will receive an email confirming this. The notification of receipt is not a confirmation, that the order has been accepted. The contract is subject to your right of cancellation (see condition 6 below).We reserve the right to terminate the contract of sale if the payment for ordered goods is not received in full.
2. Description and Price of Goods Eastern Treasures has taken every care to describe and show all items as accurately as possible, and with accordance to the manufacturer’s specification. Despite this, a slight variation in items may occur. We provide you with product information on the website. If there is anything, which you do not understand, or if you wish to obtain further information, please contact us via email @ email@example.com. Prices on the website are in Pound Sterling and include VAT, VAT is charged at the standard rate as laid out by the British Government http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/. Every effort is made to ensure the prices shown on the website are accurate at the time of placing an order. If an item has been under priced in error, we will contact you and offer the following three options:
1. Placement of a new order at the correct price of the goods;
2. Cancellation of the whole order;
3. Cancellation of your order for the incorrectly priced goods and reconfirmation of your order for the correctly priced goods. If you do not choose one of the three available options within 14 days, your order will be cancelled, or the under-priced item(s) will be removed from your order. Any payment received from you with respect to the cancelled item(s) will be credited back to your original method of payment. If, within 3 working days of accepting your order, we discover that all of the items are unavailable, we will email you to request if you would like an alternative item or refund, if a refund is chosen it will be processed within 3 working days. If we do not receive a reply within 14 working days the order will be cancelled and refunded in full. The refund will be credited back to your original method of payment. Please note that we import goods from all over the world, as well as locally, and cannot guarantee all items will be available to order constantly. The price of an item does not include the delivery charge.
3. Payment can be made by card (though World pay) and payment is due before despatch of goods. If your payment fails your order will be cancelled within 14 days, unless you contact to specify otherwise. No goods will be despatched until payment has been made in full, and the funds have cleared.
4. Delivery The price of an item does not include the delivery charge. Delivery will be made to the address specified through our checkout when you complete your order. Should you wish to change the delivery address after goods have been dispatched we will require you to cover the delivery charges for the redirection (please note re-direction is only available for goods despatched via courier). The charges will be the same as the original delivery charge. Please be aware that the redirection approval is subject to your order and account status. Orders are aimed to be delivered within 3-5 working days after despatch. Please note a working day is any day other than weekends and Bank or other Public Holidays. By exercising your right to cancel, you are required to return the goods, at your own cost, to Eastern Treasures. If you fail to return the goods within 14 days, we reserve the right to charge you for any costs incurred during retrieving the goods from you. We make every effort to ensure goods are delivered within five working days of acceptance of your order. However, Eastern Treasures will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this event, we will inform you of any delays as soon as possible. Postal orders can take up to 7 working days to arrive after an order is placed. If a non-tracked order has not arrived 10 working days after despatch you will be eligible for a refund or replacement. For courier deliveries: Please ensure you provide a delivery address, where someone will be available to receive the delivery between 7.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. If the couriers are unable to complete a delivery due to nobody being present, a calling card will be left asking you to contact them directly to arrange a re-delivery. If you do not contact the couriers within 2 days of receiving this card, the goods will be returned to our Despatch Depot and a re-delivery charge may be applicable to your order. In the case of express deliveries, if the goods are not received in 1-2 working days please contact us immediately as after 4 working days of despatch, the courier may return the goods to us. In the event of re-despatching the goods or in the event of redirection further charges may apply. In the event of charges applying, they will be the same as those charged for the initial despatch.
5. Ownership of goods Eastern Treasures retains ownership of all goods shipped within the UK until they have been delivered and signed for or left in a safe place by the courier. Once your goods have been delivered, the risk of damage or loss of the item passes to the recipient. When an item is shipped outside of the UK the end receiver is liable to any and all customs charges and/or local release charges. In the case of these deliveries ownership of the goods transfers to the end receiver when the goods arrive in the destination country.
6. Your Right of Cancellation You have the right to cancel your contract with Eastern Treasures at any time up to 7 days after receipt of your goods, in line with your statutory rights. To cancel your contract you must advise us in writing, either by post, by e-mail or by using the Contact Us page of the website. Should you wish to cancel your contract after the goods have been despatched to you, you will be responsible for returning the goods to Eastern Treasures within 7 days, at your own cost, unless the goods are faulty or inaccurately described. Please follow our Returns Procedure (see condition 8 below).
7. Refund Policy In the event that you are eligible for a refund, we will refund you back to the method of payment you used when you originally paid for your order. The refund amount will be the total amount you have paid for the particular order or a fraction of this, depending on the nature of the fault at hand. Please note: it is your responsibility to advise us of any changes to your email address. Refunds can take up to 10 working days to process.
8. Warranty All products supplied by Eastern Treasures have a 6 month manufacturer’s warranty period from the date the goods were delivered (unless otherwise stated and excluding consumables). This warranty does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. Please note, the warranty does not cover you for any defects in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than in accordance with its intended use.
8.1. Faulty Item(s) If you receive goods that are faulty or incomplete on arrival, you must notify us within 72 hours of receipt of the item in writing ( by e-mail or phone, using the Contact Us page on the website). We do not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear. For faulty items we request photographic evidence of any visible faults instead of a return, please see our Returns Procedure (see condition 9 below). We will check products returned as faulty. If the fault is verified, Eastern Treasures will replace the item within 5 working days at no additional cost to you and you will be reimbursed for any reasonable carriage costs incurred by the return. If, for any reason, we are unable to replace the item (for example, due to discontinuation of a product), you will be offered a choice of a substitute alternative product or a refund for the faulty item. Please do not place duplicate orders for replacement of damaged/faulty goods. In the event the faulty goods are to be returned to us, please see our Returns Procedure (see condition 9 below). If the goods you have returned are found not to be faulty, you will be notified in writing. You will receive a refund or an offer of a replacement for the original goods, however we will ask you to cover the delivery charges, and no return delivery charges will be refunded.
8.2. Item(s) Damaged on Arrival In the unlikely event of you receiving a damaged product, you should notify us either by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the Contact Us page on the website) within 48 hours of receipt of the goods. If the goods you have returned are found not damaged, you will be notified in writing. You will receive a refund or an offer of a replacement for the original goods, however we will ask you to cover the delivery charges, and no return delivery charges will be refunded. PLEASE DO NOT PLACE DUPLICATE ORDERS TO REPLACE DAMAGED ITEMS.
8.3. Incorrect Item(s) delivered In the event that we supply you with an incorrect item, you must notify us within 30 days. If you wish to return the item for replacement it must be in lines with our Returns Procedure. Depending on the value of the item the customer is free to keep the item if they are happy with it, and any refund for a difference in value will be issued, on the other hand if the item is of higher value than the original item paid for a World Pay request will be sent for the difference. The goods should be returned to us in line with our Returns Procedure. Once we have received the incorrect items at our Despatch Depot or received proof of postage, the correct items will be shipped within 2 working days and you will be reimbursed for any reasonable carriage charge incurred by the return. PLEASE DO NOT PLACE DULICATE ORDERS TO REPLACE DAMAGED ITEMS.
8.4. Item(s) Not Required If you wish to return an unwanted item, you must notify us either by e-mail or by using the Contact Us page on the website) within 14 days of receipt of the item. A refund will be credited back to your original method of payment within 30 days of you notifying Ancient Wisdom Drop Shipping of the cancellation. The item should be returned to us in line with our returns instructions within 28 days of you notifying us. You will be responsible for returning the goods at your own cost, and they should be returned in their original packaging and ‘as new’.
8.5. Extra Item(s) Delivered If, by mistake we supply you with extra items, you must notify us immediately, either in writing (by e-mail or by using the Contact Us page on the website) The item(s) should be returned to us in line with our Returns Procedure (see condition 9 below). Once the goods have been returned to the Despatch Depot, you will be reimbursed for any reasonable carriage charge incurred by the return. If you do not inform us of receipt of extra items and you are found in possession of goods that you have not paid for, you will be charged for the goods in full.
8.6 Non-Delivery of Item(s) Please allow 5 working days from dispatch for the delivery of ordered items. If the items are still not delivered after this time, please contact us via email or the ‘contact us’ form on the website. Please provide us with the original order number as reference. We will then investigate the non-delivery with the relevant delivery service provider used for the order and offer you a replacement order to be sent out or a full refund for the undelivered goods.
9. Returns Procedure Please note, as stated above, in the event of an item arriving damaged contact must be made to ourselves by email and we will advise whether a return is necessary. We request photographic evidence of all damages. Items should be returned in their original packaging and ‘as new’ to us. We will advise of the return address at the time of contact. Before returning any items, you must inform us of the reason for the return. Please quote your original order number on all returns and correspondence.
10. Limitation of Liability Eastern Treasures will not be liable to you for any loss or damage in circumstances where:
1. There is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by Eastern Treasures
2. Such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach;
3. Any increase in loss or damage resulting from breach by you of any item of this contract.
11. Data Protection Eastern Treasures will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure. However, unless Eastern Treasures are negligent, we will not be liable for unauthorised access to information supplied by you. Eastern Treasures will never supply your details to any third party.
12. Images All though all effort is made to update product images on a regular basis product images are for illustrative purposes and may differ from the actual product. Please note there will be variations in colours pertaining to products manufactured from natural materials (for example Soap Stone). No replacements will be made if a customer is dissatisfied with the colour of a soapstone product as soapstone can vary from any colour between pink and black. If a customer wishes to return a soapstone item due to its colour it should be returned in line with the returns procedure and a refund in full will be given for the original item cost, no refund will be made for carriage fees involved. No replacements will be made if a customer is dissatisfied with the colour of any product which is listed as having varying colours in the description. If a customer wishes to return a varying colours item due to its colour it should be returned in line with the returns procedure and a refund in full will be given for the original item cost, no refund will be made for carriage fees involved.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction These terms of sale and the supply of the goods will be subject to English law and the English courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract.
14. Protecting Your Security Information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
15. Placing an Order By placing an order with Eastern Treasures you are confirming you have read and agree to the terms, conditions and delivery times as laid out in writing on this site. The contract of the sale is bound by the terms laid out in this document. The contract laid out in this document is between Eastern Treasures and yourself, the customer.
16. Misuse of Goods Cosmetic Use Disclaimer Eastern Treasures will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up-to-date. The material here is intended to provide general information and users are advised to seek further legal guidance before acting or relying on the contents. We disclaim all liability for loss and/or damage that may result from the use of information contained on this site. Eastern Treasures will not be held responsible for any death or personal injuries that occur from the misuse of goods advertised on this website. The use of materials on this website without the prior written permission of Eastern Treasures is strictly prohibited.
Internet Privacy & Cookies Policy
1. Information we collect
In operating our Website we may collect and process the following data about you:
1.1. Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
1.2. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, such as when you register to receive information such as a newsletter or contact us via the contact us page.
1.3. Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services, and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our Website to our advertisers. Such information will not identify you personally, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by us to analyse how visitors interact with the Website so that we can continue to develop and improve this Website.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and the service that we provide to you. All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular areas of our Website.
3. Use of your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
3.1. To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services.
3.2. To meet our contractual commitments to you.
3.3. To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
3.4. We will never use your data, or permit any third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services. We will only ever disclose your information where we are legally required to, for example to assist against fraud protection.
4. Storing your personal data
4.1. Data that is provided to us is stored on our host companies secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety. All transactions are done offsite and managed on our behalf by World Pay.
4.2. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where you have chosen a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.